Low Carbon Construction PLC Environmental Policy Statement
Low Carbon Construction PLC is a modular building supplier operating in the residential and commercial construction market and we recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment arising from our consumption of raw materials, energy and water and from our generation of waste and emissions to land, air and water.
In order to minimise that environmental impact, we are committed to complying with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to our industry.
Low Carbon Construction PLC is committed to continual improvement and prevention of pollution and continual improvement in our environmental performance and minimising the risks of pollution arising on our sites.
Low Carbon Construction PLC will ensure that the environmental policy and policy statement be documented, implemented, maintained and communicated to all employees. We will achieve this by ensuring that all employees understand this policy and the environmental impacts of our business and provide environmental training appropriate to employee responsibilities.
The environmental policy will provide the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets. We will actively engage in the following:
- use local and recycled materials where appropriate
- use renewable resources in preference to non-renewable
- make efficient use of natural resources by minimising waste and conserving energy and water
- minimise waste and make efficient use of energy and materials on our sites and in our offices
- segregate our waste for recycling or reuse whenever conditions permit
- work with our suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- work with our suppliers to recycle packaging
- work in partnership with our suppliers to ensure effective environmental supply chain
management and to promote sustainable sourcing of products and materials
- keep transport use to a minimum
- use only timber that is certified as derived from legal and sustainable sources whenever it is
practicable to do so
Low Carbon Construction PLC will ensure that the environmental policy is made available to the public and made available to anyone who legitimately requests it.
Low Carbon Construction PLC will review this policy regularly to take into account changes in the organisation, legislation or any other external factors.