Through careful design and efficient processes, the company is able to offer affordable homes at a standard of luxury usually expected of homes with a £1m+ price tag.
We aspire to deliver:
All homes come with the following features and specifications:
- SIPs modular structure giving airtightness and fantastic thermal performance.
- Very low maintenance exterior finishes.
Aluminium gutters and downpipes.
- Triple glazed argon-filled A-rated windows.
- ThermaSkirt heating, with every room individually controlled by thermostat.
- Solar assisted heat pump water heating technology.
- Fire suppression mist system in every room.
- Vent-Axia ventilation, humidity and heat recovery system.
- Electric car charging point.
- LED downlights throughout.
- A choice of tiles from our selected ranges.
- A choice of flooring from our selected ranges.
- A choice of kitchens from our selected ranges.
- A choice of bathrooms from our selected ranges.
- No gas – so no servicing costs or breakdowns.
- All our homes come complete with solar PV and battery storage, making an affordable home also truly affordable to run.
A financial helping hand
No rental deposit or security guarantee whatsoever.
Rent to buy
100% refund of all rent paid during the first two years of occupation towards the deposit to purchase.
We will match a purchaser’s deposit up to 10% of the purchase price.
We will give a 100% part exchange value for the purchaser’s old home and pay their removal, SDLT, legal and mortgage application costs.
Up to 50% lifetime mortgage available with no monthly payments required at all.
Will be able to borrow up to 10% of the purchase price unsecured for up to 15 years at 0% interest.
Standards and sustainability
A fabric first approach to construction is essential, with efficient form factors and orientation to capture solar potential.
Although minimal heating is required, as we integrate solar PV and battery storage as standard we can provide the small amount of space heating required through Thermaskirt, meaning no radiators are required. We use SAHP solar assisted water heating system to provide a home’s hot water requirements. This means that our homes are very energy efficient, with low running costs and are comfortable. We continue to invest in research and development to find ways of enhancing our build system to further reduce remaining embodied carbon.
At Low Carbon Construction we understand the benefits that building information modelling (BIM) provides, and our consultants work to BIM Level 2 standard. We create a digital twin of our homes to meticulously plan every detail, enabling efficiencies within the manufacturing phase, reducing the potential for errors and waste. We work within a tolerance as low as 1mm. Mechanical and electrical information is modelled and inserted into the architectural and structural model. This enables us to tag elements in the model and building.
Press and media
We welcome press enquiries, and can furnish you with unbiased views for your commentary pages, ready-created material including photography, as well as making our spokespeople available for interview.
In the context of the climate emergency, current standards do not go far enough to address this very urgent problem. Affordable energy efficient buildings with low energy requirements and low embodied carbon materials are paramount to contribute towards lower emissions.
A financial helping hand
Our ethos now extends to our financial assistance – arranged by Low Carbon Construction Finance – who are able to offer a vast range of residential and commercial mortgage solutions tailored to individual circumstances.