Our mission is to provide the most affordable, sustainable, quality homes and commercial buildings possible. Within approximately 60% of the UK land prices are at a level that is affordable and within our normal land purchase parameters. However, within the remaining parts of the UK where land prices are higher we have adopted a high value land purchase strategy which involves various possible land acquisition options:
High value land areas
Where central/local government financial assistance or land subsidy is needed in order to deliver our buildings at our standard national price:
- By working with other major housing developers, we can build all their statutory affordable housing for them on each of their substantial sites. By their subsidising the land cost of the affordable housing element of their site, we would be able to satisfy all their LPA/S106 affordable housing requirements, whilst they would be free to produce and sell purely market value homes.
- Working directly with government to utilise vacant and redundant brownfield sites.
- Working directly with local authorities and Registered Housing Associations to identify and expedite planning and delivery for development sites where 100% affordable homes can be built.
- Utilising government and local authority financial assistance for land purchase.
All other areas of the UK
Where there is no need of financial assistance or land subsidy:
- Direct open market purchase of advertised suitable development land.
- Working directly with both Government and local authorities to identify privately owned development sites that, despite permission, have failed to be developed – to put forward proposals for joint venture/purchase such land.
- Working with redundant brownfield site owners to redevelop their sites for 100% affordable housing.
- Working with registered housing associations to deliver volume affordable housing under advance purchase contracts.
- Working with all the major commercial land agents to identify suitable sites.
Joint venture proposals, where existing land owners of substantial development residential or commercial plots are seeking to maximise their return, will always be considered with or without existing planning permission.